To be eligible for the Cox Access Scholarship, you must:
- Enter IU classified as an Indiana resident with a citizen status of U.S. Citizen or Naturalized Citizen, and cumulative gap of three years or more in your education.
- Be pursuing your first baccalaureate degree.
- Be a full-time student enrolled in at least 12 credit hours upon arrival and throughout your academic career at IU Bloomington.
- Be earning a 3.0 cumulative grade point average or higher (4.0 scale) at time of admission.
- Demonstrate financial need by filing a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) with the federal government by April 15, 2024 for the upcoming academic year.
- Be willing to complete a 10 to 12 hour work commitment each week during your entire enrollment at Indiana University.
- As an incoming student, apply to Indiana University Bloomington by November 1 for Cox Scholarship consideration.
Please note: NCAA athletes are not eligible for the Cox Scholarships.
If you're selected as a Cox Access Scholar, you can review a comprehensive list of enrollment and academic requirements here.
The Cox Access Scholarship application opens on October 30, 2023 and all required materials must be submitted by April 15, 2024.
To apply, you must complete the following steps.
- Log into One.IU. Enter the keyword “scholarships” in the search bar.
- Click on the “IU Scholarships” icon (a dollar sign with a graduation cap ).
- Click “Sign In With Your Network ID.” You may be prompted to sign in using your IU credentials.
- Complete all questions on the “General Application,” then click “Finish and Submit.” This should be completed before applying for a Cox Scholarship. Please ensure that you answer all questions thoroughly.
- Select “Other Recommended Opportunities.”
- Search for “Cox.”
- Select “IUB-Cox Access Scholarship Application” and apply.
- File the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) with the federal government by April 15, 2024.
Please apply early to ensure we receive all of your application materials by the application deadline.
April 19, 2024
Finalists will receive an invitation to participate in a required 30-minute online interview.
April 24, 2024
Finalists will be interviewed online.
By April 30, 2024
All applicants will be notified of their status.
Dates are subject to change. Please check back for the most up to date schedule.
If you’re awarded a Cox Access Scholarship, you can receive gift aid from institutional funds (IU merit scholarships, grants, and fee remissions) and entitlements from federal and state funds totaling no more than your cost of attendance for Indiana University Bloomington.
Please note that Cox Access Scholarship amounts will be reduced to ensure that your individual aid package does not exceed your cost of attendance for IU Bloomington.
If you’re awarded a Cox Access Scholarship, you can find more information about financial support here.
Cox Access Scholarships are renewable for a total of four years (eight semesters).
In order to renew your scholarships, you must meet the following requirements:
- Be enrolled full time (12 or more credit hours) as a degree-seeking student on the Bloomington campus; waitlisted courses do not count toward official enrollment.
- Maintain a cumulative program GPA of 3.0 at IU.
- Successfully work in your on-campus position during your entire enrollment at Indiana University.
If you’re the recipient of a Cox Access Scholarship and you choose to attend another college or university (including an IU campus other than Bloomington), the scholarship is forfeited.