To be eligible for the Cox Access Scholarship, you must:
- Enter IU classified as an Indiana resident, with a cumulative gap of five years or more in your college education.
- Be pursuing your first baccalaureate degree.
- Be a full-time student enrolled in at least 12 credit hours upon arrival and throughout your academic career at IU Bloomington.
- Be earning a 3.0 cumulative grade point average or higher (4.0 scale) at time of admission.
- Demonstrate financial need by filing a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by April 15, 2019 for the upcoming academic year.
- Be willing to complete an eight- to ten-hour work commitment each week during your entire enrollment at Indiana University.
Please note: NCAA athletes are not eligible for the Cox Scholarships.
If you're selected as a Cox Access Scholar, you can review a comprehensive list of enrollment and academic requirements here.
To apply for the Cox Access Scholarship, you must complete the following steps.
All required materials must be submitted by April 15, 2019.
- Log into One.IU. Enter the keyword “scholarships” in the search bar.
- Click on the “Scholarships” icon (a dollar sign with a graduation cap ).
- Click “Sign In With Your Network ID.” You may be prompted to sign in using your IU credentials.
- Complete all questions on the “General Application,” then click “Finish and Submit.” This should be completed before applying for a Cox Scholarship. Please ensure that you answer all questions thoroughly.
- Select “Other Recommended Opportunities.”
- Search for “Cox.”
- Select “IUB-Cox Access Scholarship Application” and apply.
- File the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by April 15, 2019.
Please note: The Cox Access Scholarship Application requires two letters of recommendation. It is your responsibility to ensure we receive your recommendation letters by the application deadline. We recommended that you apply early to give your recommenders ample time to complete and submit your recommendation letters.
By Friday, April 19, 2019
Finalists will receive an invitation to attend a required 30-minute interview on the IU Bloomington campus.
Wednesday, April 24, 2019
Finalists will visit campus for their interviews.
By Friday, April 26, 2019
All interviewees will be notified of their status.
If you’re awarded a Cox Scholarship, you can receive gift aid from institutional funds (IU merit scholarships, grants, and fee remissions) totaling no more than the official cost of attendance for Indiana University Bloomington.
Please note that Cox Scholarship amounts will be reduced to ensure that your individual aid package does not exceed the official cost of attendance for IU Bloomington. External scholarships and entitlements from federal and state funds can be awarded regardless of your total aid package.
If you’re awarded a Cox Access Scholarship, you can find more information about financial support here.
Cox Access Scholarships that are awarded to students as incoming freshmen are renewable for a total of four years (eight semesters) of undergraduate study, not including summer sessions, or until the student earns their first baccalaureate degree.
Cox Access Scholarships that are awarded to current students at IU Bloomington are renewable for a total of three years (six semesters of undergraduate study), not including summer sessions, or until the student earns their first baccalaureate degree.
If you’re the recipient of a Cox Access Scholarship and you choose to attend another college or university (including an IU campus other than Bloomington), the scholarship is forfeited. In order to renew your scholarships, you must meet the following requirements:
- Be enrolled fulltime (12 or more credit hours) as a degree-seeking student on the Bloomington campus; waitlisted courses do not count toward official enrollment.
- Maintain a cumulative program GPA of 3.0 at IU.
- Successfully work in your on-campus position during your entire enrollment at Indiana University.