To be eligible for the Exploratory Scholarship, you must:
- Enter IU classified as an Indiana resident.
- Be pursuing your first baccalaureate degree.
- Be a full-time student enrolled in at least 12 credit hours upon arrival and throughout your academic career at IU Bloomington.
- Have a 3.0 cumulative grade point average or higher (4.0 scale) at time of admission.
- Demonstrate financial need by filing a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by February 1, 2021.
- Be willing to complete an eight- to ten-hour work commitment each week during your entire enrollment at Indiana University.
If you’re selected as a Cox Exploratory Scholar, you can review a comprehensive list of enrollment and academic requirements here.
Please note: NCAA athletes are not eligible for Cox Scholarships.
The Cox Scholarship application opens on October 15, 2020. To apply for the Cox Exploratory Scholars Program, you must complete the following steps by February 1, 2021.
- Create your IU computing account. You will need your 10-digit university ID number provided in your admission notification email to create this account. It may take up to two hours to activate your account. Do not log in using your guest account.
- Log into One.IU once your account is activated. Enter the keyword “scholarships” in the search bar.
- Click on the “IU Scholarships” icon (a dollar sign with a graduation cap ).
- Click “Sign In With Your Network ID.” You may be prompted to sign in using your IU credentials.
- Complete all questions on the “General Application,” then click “Finish and Submit.” This should be completed before applying for a Cox Scholarship. Please ensure that you answer all questions thoroughly.
- Select “Other Recommended Opportunities.”
- Search for “Cox.”
- Select “IUB-Cox Scholarship Application” and apply.
- File the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by the Cox Scholarship Application deadline.
By Friday, February 19, 2021
Finalists will receive an invitation to attend a required 30-minute interview.
March 2-4 & 9-11, 2021
Finalists interviews will be held online.
By Wednesday, March 17, 2021
All interviewees will be notified of their status.
Dates are subject to change. Please check back for the most up to date schedule.
If you’re awarded a Cox Scholarship, you can receive gift aid from institutional funds (IU merit scholarships, grants, and fee remissions) totaling no more than the official cost of attendance for Indiana University Bloomington.
Please note that Cox Scholarship amounts will be reduced to ensure that your individual aid package does not exceed the official cost of attendance for IU Bloomington. External scholarships and entitlements from federal and state funds can be awarded regardless of your total aid package.
If you’re awarded a Cox Exploratory Scholarship, you can find more information about financial support here.
The Cox Exploratory Scholarship is available to students as incoming freshmen and, once awarded, is renewable for a total of four years (eight semesters) of undergraduate study, not including summer sessions.
In order to renew your scholarships, you must meet the following requirements:
- Be enrolled full time (12 or more credit hours) as a degree-seeking student on the Bloomington campus; waitlisted courses do not count toward official enrollment.
- Maintain a cumulative program GPA of 3.0 at IU.
- Successfully work in your on-campus position during your entire enrollment at Indiana University.
If you’re the recipient of a Cox Civic Scholarship and you choose to attend another college or university (including an IU campus other than Bloomington), or withdraw from IU, the scholarship is forfeited.