To be eligible for a Cox Engagement Scholarship, you must:
If you’re selected as a Cox Engagement Scholar, you can review a comprehensive list of enrollment and academic requirements here.
Please note: NCAA athletes are not eligible for Cox Scholarships.
The Cox Scholarship application opens on October 15, 2020. To apply for the Cox Engagement Scholarship, you must complete the following steps by February 1, 2021.
- Create your IU computing account. You will need your 10-digit university ID number provided in your admission notification email to create this account. It may take up to two hours to activate your account. Do not log in using your guest account.
- Log into One.IU once your account is activated. Enter the keyword “scholarships” in the search bar.
- Click on the “IU Scholarships” icon (a dollar sign with a graduation cap ).
- Click “Sign In With Your Network ID.” You may be prompted to sign in using your IU credentials.
- Complete all questions on the “General Application,” then click “Finish and Submit.” This should be completed before the applying for a Cox Scholarship. Please ensure that you answer all questions thoroughly.
- Select “Other Recommended Opportunities.”
- Search for “Cox.”
- Select “IUB-Cox Scholarship Application” and apply.
- File the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by the Cox Scholarship Application deadline.
Due to challenges resulting from the COVID-19 pandemic, the Cox Scholars Program will not be interviewing applicants this year. Scholarships will be awarded based on information provided by students in their Cox Scholars Program applications to make the process easier for students during this difficult time.
Students selected to receive Cox Scholarships will be invited to events in the spring to learn more about the Cox Scholars Program and to meet their fellow Cox Scholars and program staff.
February 1, 2021
Deadline to submit your Cox Scholars Program application and FAFSA.
By February 28, 2021
All applicants will be notified of their status.
Dates are subject to change. Please check back for the most up to date schedule.
If you’re awarded a Cox Scholarship, you can receive gift aid from institutional funds (IU merit scholarships, grants, and fee remissions) totaling no more than the official cost of attendance for Indiana University Bloomington.
Please note that Cox Scholarship amounts will be reduced to ensure that your individual aid package does not exceed the official cost of attendance for IU Bloomington. External scholarships and entitlements from federal and state funds can be awarded regardless of your total aid package.
If you're awarded a Cox Engagement Scholarship, you can find more information about financial support here.
The Cox Engagement Scholarship is available to students as incoming freshmen and, once awarded, is renewable for a total of four years (eight semesters) of undergraduate study, not including summer sessions.
In order to renew your scholarships, you must meet the following requirements:
- Be enrolled full time (12 or more credit hours) as a degree-seeking student on the Bloomington campus; waitlisted courses do not count toward official enrollment.
- Maintain a cumulative program GPA of 3.0 at IU.
- Successfully work in your assigned position during your entire enrollment at Indiana University.
If you’re the recipient of a Cox Engagement Scholarship and you choose to attend another college or university (including an IU campus other than Bloomington), or withdraw from IU, the scholarship is forfeited.