To be eligible for a Cox Engagement Scholarship, you must:
If you’re selected as a Cox Engagement Scholar, you can review a comprehensive list of enrollment and academic requirements here.
Please note: NCAA athletes are not eligible for Cox Scholarships.
The Cox Scholarship application opens on October 1, 2019. To apply for the Cox Engagement Scholarship, you must complete the following steps by February 5, 2020.
- Create your IU computing account. You will need your 10-digit university ID number provided in your admission notification email to create this account. It may take up to two hours to activate your account. Do not log in using your guest account.
- Log into One.IU once your account is activated. Enter the keyword “scholarships” in the search bar.
- Click on the “IU Scholarships” icon (a dollar sign with a graduation cap ).
- Click “Sign In With Your Network ID.” You may be prompted to sign in using your IU credentials.
- Complete all questions on the “General Application,” then click “Finish and Submit.” This should be completed before the applying for a Cox Scholarship. Please ensure that you answer all questions thoroughly.
- Select “Other Recommended Opportunities.”
- Search for “Cox.”
- Select “IUB-Cox Scholarship Application” and apply.
- File the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by the Cox Scholarship Application deadline.
Please note: The Cox Scholarship Application requires two letters of recommendation. It is your responsibility to ensure we receive your recommendation letters by the application deadline. We recommended that you apply early to give your recommenders ample time to complete and submit your recommendation letters.
By Friday, February 14, 2020
Finalists will receive an invitation to attend a required 30-minute interview on the IU Bloomington campus.
February 26-27 & March 3-6, 2020
Finalists will visit campus for their interviews.
By Friday, March 13, 2020
All interviewees will be notified of their status.
If you’re awarded a Cox Scholarship, you can receive gift aid from institutional funds (IU merit scholarships, grants, and fee remissions) totaling no more than the official cost of attendance for Indiana University Bloomington.
Please note that Cox Scholarship amounts will be reduced to ensure that your individual aid package does not exceed the official cost of attendance for IU Bloomington. External scholarships and entitlements from federal and state funds can be awarded regardless of your total aid package.
If you're awarded a Cox Engagement Scholarship, you can find more information about financial support here.
The Cox Engagement Scholarship is available to students as incoming freshmen and, once awarded, is renewable for a total of four years (eight semesters) of undergraduate study, not including summer sessions.
If you’re the recipient of a Cox Engagement Scholarship and you choose to attend another college or university (including an IU campus other than Bloomington), or withdraw from IU, the scholarship is forfeited. In order to renew your scholarships, you must meet the following requirements:
- Be enrolled full time (12 or more credit hours) as a degree-seeking student on the Bloomington campus; waitlisted courses do not count toward official enrollment.
- Maintain a cumulative program GPA of 3.0 at IU.
- Successfully work in your assigned position during your entire enrollment at Indiana University.